Greetings, All! Guest blogger Paul Taylor is giving me the day off and sharing some of his recommendations for books on pregnancy and motherhood. Feel free to leave comments!
Congratulations, you’re pregnant. Now what? Having a baby can be unnerving when you have no idea what to expect. These ten books will fill in all your knowledge gaps and leave you well prepared to give birth to, and raise your child.
1. What to Expect When You’re Expecting- The quintessential pregnancy book. This is a classic tome containing everything you will ever need to know about pregnancy and childbirth. It is presented in a very dry no nonsense manner and can be a bit alarming because it includes every worst-case scenario.
2. The Mother Of All Pregnancy Books- A compilation of pregnancy knowledge from hundreds of parents and experts. This book highlights the quirky details of pregnancy that they don’t mention in other books. It centers primarily on emotions and feelings that may crop up during pregnancy.
3. The Diaper Diaries: The Real Poop on a New Mom's First Year-An entertaining, informative book on the surprises and adventures of being a new mom. This book can help sleep deprived parents put life with a new baby in perspective.
4. The Girlfriend’s Guide To Pregnancy- A witty look at being pregnant. Author Vicki Iovine dishes the real dirt on the nine months from conception to delivery. This book is perfect for first time parents who want to know what it’s really like without dry medical language.
5. The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth- A very woman focused guide to the pregnancy experience. This book offers different options for giving birth to your child and centers on maintaining a healthy mom and baby throughout the pregnancy.
6. Your Pregnancy Week by Week- A great detailed guide to help you track your pregnancy. This guide offers medical based advice of, while maintaining a warm, reassuring tone.
7. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth- A reassuring guide to pregnancy written by a well-respected midwife. This is the book for anyone considering a natural childbirth at home. Practical advice is interwoven with inspiring childbirth stories from the author’s vast experience.
8. Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn: The Complete Guide- A must have guide for parents who have had multiple pregnancies This book offers very comprehensive medical information as well as a blueprint to help you create the perfect birth plan. There is an answer for almost every medical question from conception through infancy.
9. Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy & Birth– The perfect book for first time parents. This book thoroughly covers all the essentials of parenthood. It offers great advice to set your baby up for success from the start.
10. Baby Bargains– An in depth coverage of the financial aspect of birthing and raising a child. Most guides only touch lightly or not at all on the financial details of child rearing. This offers good solid advice on how to incorporate your new baby into a budget.
While you may not have to read all these books to get a comprehensive knowledge of your pregnancy, one or more of them should set you on the road to a smooth gestation and motherhood. Sit back and enjoy the experience of raising your child.
Paul and his wife Julie both spend quite a bit of time coming up with ideas, blogging, and researching all things related to childcare. They take care of all the necessary information related to “babysitters”. He personally thinks his blog will help others find information on all things related to a babysitter.