Friday, May 11, 2012

Sketch the Story! Contest: And the Winner Is... Plus Other Updates!

I am sure that you are dying to know who won my first-ever blog contest! Stay tuned--the winner will be announced on Monday, May 14th!


I successfully completed my first NaPiBoWriWee writing 7 picture books in 7 days. Many thanks to Paula Yoo for hosting this event and helping me to find my "inner Zen". I learned that I can shut out the world and be creative under even the most undesirable circumstances. Need a boost to your creativity and/or discipline? Take a writing challenge!

 lal log

My daughter was just notified that she is a 2012 State Finalist in the Letters About Literature Contest for the third year in a row. She is pretty excited, but has informed me that wants to win next year. I am really proud of her. She loves to read and is turning into a great little writer. Onward and upward, Halima!

Next week, there will be more great interviews, guest bloggers, and book reviews. I hope that you will stop by to see who is visiting The Writer's Block! (There will also be an exciting announcement about a project I've been working on!)

Keep your pen to the paper! Remember, inspiration is everywhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment