Monday, February 13, 2012

The Writer's Block Interviews: Daniela Frongia

1)     Tell us how you became an artist/illustrator?

Since I was 4, I already showing a passion and talent for drawing, inspired by the colorful style of the Disney classics and later Manga. I studied and obtained a degree from the Art School.  Next I dedicated myself to mastering airbrush technique on Bikers and then focused on digital graphics. After a first art exhibitions on canvas occurred in the diverse galleries of London, I took the decision to dedicate myself to illustrating children’s books and now I collaborate with authors and publishers from all around the world.                       


2)     Do you specialize in any particular medium?Describe your style.
My Illustrations are hand-made and then colored by software


3)     Who or what inspires you?


Studio Ghibli is definitely my main point of inspiration.


4)     What was your first illustration job?


"Halloween doggy" was my first job, in e-book version is sold on iTunes. It is the story of a dog, created by me, very funny and scary.


5)     Describe your body of work. Thus far, which project has been the most fulfilling? Why?

It's hard  to explain which project was more rewarding, because every time a is a new challenge for me, let's say I am excited to create every time something more detailed and full of emotions.

6)     Where can your works of art be found?

You can find some of my works on my website  http://www.caisairbrush.com , where there are also some of my canvasses painted by airbrush


7)     What is your definition of success as an artist?

I think an artist can feel satisfied when obtain to be able to transmit your own emotions to others through your artwork, this is a big success.

8)     What do you plan to accomplish in 2012?

I have already started to apply myself to the drawings of the skirting boards (www.lilytrim.com) already on sale in the U.S., many other books and now I just started with the illustrations on greeting cards for the UK area.


Biography :

Daniela Frongia (aka, Cais) currently lives in London, UK where she works as a freelance illustrator.  She was born in Cagliari, Italy in 1979.  By the age of 4 she was already showing a passion and talent for drawing, inspired by the colorful style of the Disney classics and later Manga.  She studied and obtained a degree from the Art School.  Next she dedicated herself to mastering airbrush technique on Bikers and then focused on digital graphics. Her first art exhibitions on canvas occurred in the diverse galleries of London when she moved there in 2009. In 2010 she made the decision to dedicate herself to illustrating children’s books and she now collaborates with authors and publishers from all around the world.  

 Website:  http://www.caisairbrush.com/  

Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cais-Arts-book-illustrator-and-airbrush-artist-freelance-/197946496908175?sk=wall 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment