Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Writer's Block: Where Are They Now? Catching Up with Braxton A. Cosby!

Today on The Writer's Block, we welcome back the multi-talented Braxton A. Cosby! He is a shining example of what it means to be an enterprising entrepreneur. Prepare to be inspired!


1) Glad to have you back with us! Please reintroduce yourself, tell us a bit about who you are, and where you live and work.

Well, my name is Braxton A. Cosby and I live in Atlanta, GA with my lovely wife. I've been a resident Georgian for about 12 years now and I practice as a licensed Physical Therapist by day, and pursue my writings of fiction by night. When I'm not writing or working, I also dabble in acting and modeling, making appearances on a few shows and commercials.



2) Share with us what you were you working on when we spoke last? (Interview link: http://raychelle-writes.blogspot.com/2012/02/writers-block-interviews-braxton-cosby.html)

When we last spoke, Raychelle, I was working on my science fiction series, The Star-Crossed Saga. At the time, book one, Protostar was released and I was in the middle of a book tour inn the S.E. as well as making a few stops with my uncle, Bill Cosby. Ironically enough, as I am completing this interview, I am currently ramping up for my release of Solstice, which is the last book of the three part series. It is truly both exhilarating and sad to complete a series but it is something I've longed to do for a while.

3) Congratulations on finishing the series! Catch us up on what you have done since then. 

As you can see I've been incredibly busy. I've started my own production company called Cosby Media Productions, a three fold division company that focuses on publishing books, and then taking them to the next level of entertainment via TV or film. Currently, we have Protostar slated for production, as well as some other properties we have ownership of via our novel publishing branch. Currently we have over 20 books in our stable, with three more releases slated for the winter of 2016. 


Our strategic partnerships allow us to make advances in the entertainment industry that we are grateful for and our prayer is that God moves us further so that we can offer entertainment that both speaks to the mind and souls. I also released a health book, Fat Free for Life: 13 Principles of Guaranteed Weight Loss and Ultimate Health through Siloam Publishing. So far, I've written and published over 10 novels myself since 2012.


  
4) That's quite impressive, Braxton. Glad to say I knew you "when!" What is next for you? 

With 2017 looming in the distance, I really want to continue to hone my writing and acting skills. Both have become huge passions of mine and I dream to be successful in both. Also, business with physical therapy is still very profitable and as long as I can continue to help others with my hands, I feel it's the gifting that was God-given and I always welcome the opportunity to do that as well. (*Check Braxton out on TV One's "Fatal Attraction!")



5) How did The Writer's Block help you promote yourself? What advice would you offer to aspiring author/illustrators? 

The Writer's Block helped to facilitate networking with other authors, such as yourself, Raychelle, and that was encouraging. We, as content creators, need to reach out to one another and offer advice to further one another's careers. If I had to give young authors any advice, it would be to keep reading; especially in the areas and genres in which you write. There is no substitute for creativity and many times I get inspired from those who have gone before me and have done great things.  

Thank you, Braxton! I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

You can keep up with Braxton via his websites The Online World of Braxton A. Cosby and Cosby Media Productions and follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

Keep your pen to the paper! Inspiration is everywhere...

**Ready to give your writing career a jumpstart? Promote your project on The Writer's Block!




No comments:

Post a Comment